JBJ Arctica Titanium Chiller DBE-200 1/4HP
The JBJ Arctica Titanium series aquarium chillers use some of the most advanced technological advancements in chiller design. The custom-engineered JBJ titanium coil maximizes contact for fast temperature pull-down while increasing chilling efficiency. This means the most cooling capacity per amp, which reduces energy costs.
The Arctica Titanium 1/4HP chiller is rated for aquariums up to 260 gallons. The easiest way to determine which chiller size is best for you is by using JBJ’s chiller calculator.
The corrosion-resistant condenser is located on the front side of the chiller. This configuration draws cool air from the front and exhausts the warm air out of the back. Be sure to leave enough room for the hot air to circulate away from the coils. The built-in thermostat and digital controller will automatically maintain the desired set temperature within +/-1 degree Fahrenheit.
The controller has a bright light LED that can be read day or night. The anti-freezing system prevents the chiller from accidental freeze-ups and damage. The simple two-button control pad is easy to use. Hoses connect to the chiller by 1/2", 5/8" or 3/4" barbed fittings. You will need to supply a separate water pump to circulate the water from the aquarium and into the chiller. The recommended water pump should be rated at 480-1920 gallons per hour.
JBJ Arctica chillers are UL-listed and have a two-year warranty.
What we really about the JBJ Artica 1/4 HP Chiller:
- Simple plug and play installation
- Very quiet and vibration-free
- Easy to read LCD control panel
- Compact size fits anywhere
- Longest warranty – 2 years!
- Draws only 6 amps
JBJ Arctica 1/4 HP Chiller Features:
- Smart memory features re-starts the chiller at the last temperature setting after a power failure
- Integrated thermostat continuously communicates with the digital controller for stable temperature control
- Big, bright LED panel for easy access day or night
- No hard plumbing is required
- Accommodates three hose sizes; 1/2", 5/8", 3/4"
- Titanium heat exchanger is a custom-designed to maximize temperature pull-down and efficiency
- No tools needed to clean the coils
- Low vibration/Low noise
- Integrated handles for easy carrying
- Two-year warranty
JBJ Arctica 1/4 HP Chiller Specifications:
- Rating: Aquariums up to 260 gallons
- Horsepower: 1/4hp
- Weight: 51 lbs.
- Voltage: 115V
- Amp draw: 6A
- Capacity: 3000 BTU/hr.
- Dimensions: 16.5" x 9.8" x 20.9" (DxWxH)
- Min/Max flow rate: 8/32 gpm
JBJ Arctica Titanium Chiller Comparison
Model Item # Capacity Compressor Flow Rate Refrigerant Inlet/Outlet Weight DBA-075 JB1111 130 Gal 1/10 Hp 240-960 GPH R-134a 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" 44 lbs DBA-150 JB1113 180 Gal 1/5 Hp 480-1320 GPH R-134a 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" 49 lbs DBE-200 JB1115 260 Gal 1/4 Hp 480-1920 GPH R-134a 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" 51 lbs DBM-250 JB1117 340 Gal 1/3 Hp 480-2400 GPH R-134a 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" 61 lbs
JBJ is a top-of-mind brand name in freshwater and saltwater aquarium supplies. The company is committed to innovation and manufacturing only the absolute highest quality equipment. JBJ’s philosophy is "to create products that provide extra value" to hobbyists. JBJ produces hundreds of aquarium products including lights, filters, heaters, UV sterilizers, wavemakers and top-off systems. The company is best known for their affordable line of Arctica chillers and the best-selling Nano Cube aquarium series. We carry the gamut of JBJ products and accessories and are happy to provide you free technical support while you’re setting up your new equipment.
Review and collect 3 points.
Write Your Own Review